The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Senior Accountant opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required; a master's degree or MAcc, MBA, CPA or CMA a plus. We will consider alternate education with outstanding experience.
- 5+ years general or corporate accounting experience including:
- Significant experience in manufacturing environments.
- Proven skills in financial analysis.
- Broad accounting knowledge, including general ledger, inventory control, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
- An understanding of P&Ls, budget sheets and month end closing.
- Comfort with inventory management and costs.
- Strong computer skills, including:
- Solid Excel skills.
- Experience with integrated software systems; MACPAC, JD Edwards, Hyperion (HFM), Cognos desirable.
- Cost accounting experience is a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity.
- A team oriented approach; proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
The RoleReporting to the General Accounting Manager, as Senior Accountant, you will leverage your broad accounting knowledge in multiple activities for Ceco Door and also act as a "shared resource" to support other brands/locations and our Service Centers within the ASSA ABLOY Door Group. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing timely financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
You will join an accounting and finance organization of 14 within Ceco Door that includes a Controller, Director of Financial Services, Cost Accounting Manager, General Accounting Manager, analysts and accountants. You'll typically work a 45 to 50 hour work week (generally 7:30 - 4:00+ shift) and, as you'd expect, put in additional time during close. Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and maintaining various systems that will capture historical and projected financial data.
- Analyzing and distributing this information to management to assist in making financial decisions.
- Supporting the Door Group Accounting Shared Services vision.
- Preparing journal entries.
- Preparing monthly analyses to reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Maintaining and reconciling intercompany transactions.
- Assisting with monthly closings in an accurate and timely manner. Preparing journal entries and performing any other duties to ensure monthly closings are timely and accurate.
- Reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Researching for audits and tax packages.
- Assisting other Accounting Department team members with special projects that may arise from time to time, as required.
- Implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures in your area of responsibility.
Video: The Trio-E door, available from Ceco, CURRIES and Fleming, delivers significant reduction in carbon emissions, which translates to considerable cost savings. Our customers don't have to sacrifice strength and performance to have a green product.
Why Join Us?Broad impact
You'll be able to make your mark in many areas of accounting at a number of different companies. In addition, you'll develop a robust network by interacting with people in multiple functional areas, including Operations, Marketing, Sales, Human Resources, Customer Service and others.
You'll broaden your experience in this role and within the Door Group and in other areas of ASSA ABLOY Americas. You'll have opportunities to share ideas and gain insights. We encourage this with regular meetings of professionals from multiple business units. We also offer tuition reimbursement as appropriate. Once you have proven yourself in this role, you might set your sights on other opportunities.
While we're in a smaller niche industry, we are the largest player in the field. ASSA ABLOY encourages collaboration and synergy across brands, and you will have opportunities to interact with people in as many as 20 different business units as well as a network of nine ASSA ABLOY Service Centers across the country.
Within Ceco and across ASSA ABLOY Americas we've created a culture that allows talented, energetic people to flourish. That culture includes a strong belief in the value our products and solutions deliver, an emphasis on integrity and an appreciation for the power of teamwork. The Milan facility is an easy commute from Jackson.
Stability and growth
ASSA ABLOY Americas is one of the strongest divisions within ASSA ABLOY. We have grown exponentially over the past decade, and we plan to continue growing, both organically and via acquisition. Many of our brands have histories stretching back longer than 100 years.
Throughout ASSA ABLOY we've created a culture that allows talented, energetic people to flourish. That culture includes a strong belief in the value our products and solutions deliver, an emphasis on integrity and an appreciation for the power of teamwork. These are just some of the reasons we have very low turnover; people like working for ASSA ABLOY
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k) plan with company match, income protection benefits, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Pictured: Ceco Door provides training for distributors, and sometimes customers, to ensure they are familiar with the advantages and options associated with our products. They also learn about programs and policies to assist in ordering. You may provide information and content, and even present at some sessions.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful in this multifaceted role, you will need to be comfortable working in a plant environment and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. You should enjoy learning because there is a lot to learn and you'll need to dig down to the small details. At the same time, you'll need a strong grasp of the big picture and how the details fit into it. You should be inquisitive and curious.
Flexibility will be important; on the micro level -- you may spend a couple of hours in transactional work and then switch to analytical or strategic activities. At the macro level, you'll need flexibility as accounting and finance functions continue to evolve. As you interact with people at all levels and in different functions, you'll need the interpersonal skills to influence and motivate them. In fact, while you will "own" your responsibilities, ours is a highly collaborative environment. A "lone wolf" approach won't work here. We keep a positive outlook, give each other the benefit of the doubt and are committed to each others' success. At the same time, we have high expectations of one another and all pull our own weight.
About UsCeco Door has been making quality door and frame products for over 53 years and continues to focus on quality, speed to the market and superior customer service. We lead the industry through our long-term commitment to the construction industry's Owners, Developers, Architects, Contractors, and our Distributor partners. As an active member in the Steel Door Institute, National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers, and the Door and Hardware Institute, Ceco Door takes pride in the products and services it provides to end-users.
Ceco is part of is part of ASSA ABLOY Americas. The Americas division’s head office for the ASSA ABLOY Group companies in the North, Central and South American markets is located in New Haven, CT. The division has over 9,000 employees and is comprised of over 30 operating companies who manufacture and market architectural door hardware (locks, exit devices, door closers and hinges), hollow metal and wood doors, and access control systems. Leading brands include Adams-Rite, Ceco, Corbin Russwin, Curries, Fleming, Folger Adam EDC, Graham, HES, McKinney, Norton, Rixson, Sargent, Securitron and Yale.
We are an ASSA ABLOY group company. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, ASSA ABLOY is the strongest global player in the door opening industry, with over 150 companies operating in more than 40 countries and over 10 percent of the world market. ASSA ABLOY's mission is to provide complete opening solutions, backed by value-added services, to help people feel safer and more secure, thus creating more freedom in their lives.
We are an EEO/AA/Vet/Disabled employer.